Monday, January 11, 2010

Jaclyn - This One's For You!

I knew this blog thing would eventually turn out like all my journals of past......the entries would get fewer & fewer and then eventually disappear but I was thinking the other night about how much I enjoy "blog stalking" all of you, so I've decided to make amends and try my very best to post something each week (wish me luck). Since it's been over a YEAR since my last post (seriously - wish me luck), here's what you've missed.....

Christmas morning 2008 - Santa gave us a trip to Disneyland! We left on the 28th and enjoyed the week in California (side note - NEVER plan a trip to Disneyland the week between Christmas and New Years.....everyone else in the world is planning a trip there at the same time!!)



Gracie turned 1!!!

Ellie gave herself a haircut - the growing out process is still taking place.....


Luke decided he could be in charge of his own "fashion sense".....his parents decided not
We spent as much time in the water last summer as we could......


Gracie stayed up for her first firework show and LOVED it!!

Luke started Kindergarten at Daybreak Elementary

Ellie started preschool!
We attended the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with Grandma & Grandpa Piercy
Luke started soccer....he calls his team the "Peach Green Beans"!

We took our annual Labor Day family trip to Temple Square


We picked out our pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch

And went Trick-or-Treating


We even made it to Temple Square for the lights
The kids posed for Christmas card pictures

And here we are again on Christmas morning 2009

Good things happened for us in 2009, but enough bad happened too that I'm glad it's over! Here's hoping 2010 is a great year - full of fun pictures & fabulous blog posts!! :)

6 comments:

HollyWood said...

2009 kind of stunk for me, too. Bring on 2010, it can only get better. I love Ellie's halloween costume. Thanks for the update. Can't wait for next week's post!

Lisel said...

It's nice to have you back! I've missed you! You're family is adorable and I can't believe how big they are - kindergarten and preschool?!

Sarah Holman said...

Holy Cow! You do exist in the blogging world! I thought for sure everyone in our family fell off the wagon. I'm glad to see you are back. I will be looking at this more often. Here is to a happier 2010 :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Glad to see you back! Loved your updates on your cute little family.

Nicole said...

Hey Emily, your family is ADORABLE. Hope you don't mind MY "blog stalking," I was over reading about Sarah's perfect fortune cookie, saw your blog and thought I'd check it out. :)

I hope 2010 is great!

- Nicole Elkington

Jaclyn said...

I LOVED the update, thanks for dedicating it to your very bestest friend in the whole world. My favorite picture was of Ellie's new "haircut". I hope it has done some quick growing. With three little girls myself I'm just waiting for that to happen at our house. Glad you had a nice 2009, can't wait to hear more about 2010.